Gel Stain & Top Coat
Greystone – Just as it sounds, also lightly pigmented, this translucent warm grey is reminiscent of stone. Perfect to add a bit of a grey tone with your topcoat.
Double Espresso – This coffee brown Gel Stain and Topcoat is the darkest and heavily pigmented of them all. For those projects that need more of a coverup, it is easy to achieve a rich and almost opaque finish with 2 coats.
Black – A lightly pigmented Gel Stain and Topcoat in a translucent black. Perfect to add a bit of a black tone while you topcoat.
Patina – Just as the name states, our “clear” Gel Stain and Topcoat is a very durable finish that will give your piece a patina effect.
Learn more from Fusions™ Blog
- This product is a brush on and NOT a wipe-on or wipe back product.
- Use a natural bristle brush or a roller to apply.
- Dries to the touch in 8 hours and can be re-coated at that time
- It has a thicker gel-like consistency – each color varies.
- Long open time and self-leveling.
- It comes in quart size only in 4 different colors.
- 1 coat looks like a stain. Subsequent coats get more opaque.
- Satin finish.
- Laminate, Lacquered, previously painted or coated surfaces.
- Damaged or Scratched surfaces
- Almost a no-prep product- just clean and remove any wax or grease. No sanding or de-glossing required to apply this.
- Extremely durable. Excellent for Flooring and heavy use kitchen table tops etc.
- Works on Bare Wood surfaces for a beautiful satin finish.
CLEAN UP AND CURE TIME
- Gel Stain is an Oil Based Urethane that includes a protective topcoat
- Mineral Spirits for clean up
- Dries to the touch in 8 hours
- Cures in 5 Days
Clean surface of wax or grease. Sanding is NOT required on your clean and dry surface. Adheres well to old finishes. Two coats may be required if the old finish has been worn down to expose a different substrate or the blemishes are severe. If there is an area where there is an old finish as well as any peeling areas you will need to remove (ensure you take precautions if old surface is a lead-based coating) the loose peeling substrate until you have a sound surface.
CLEAN UP AND THINNER
Odorless mineral spirits.
Apply to a clean sound surface free of grease, oil, dirt, shellac or dust. Do not apply to a surface that is wet, or on asphalt, shellac, vinyl or linoleum tile.
Stir thoroughly before applying. Do not shake as you will introduce bubbles. Appears as a colored gel until stirred. Dries to a satin sheen in the color of your choosing. (One coat is translucent – subsequent coats can build to a solid color. Test your methods in an inconspicuous area.) Using a brush (or very short nap roller – NOT a foam roller-avoid air bubbles). Dry time is approximately 4 hours at 25°C and 50% relative humidity on most porous surfaces and can be longer if applied thickly or to completely sealed surfaces. Apply a thin coat in a dust-free area. Wait 4 hours before recoating if needed. Remember to always test for tackiness prior to re-coating – if it’s still tacky wait another few hours and re-test. (if subsequent coats are desired or surface feels bumpy give a light sanding and remove dust before recoating. If applying to brand new raw wood, the first coating should be thinned by 20% by using 1 part mineral spirits and 4 parts gel stain (dry time will be much shorter on this initial coat). When dry area can be lightly used in 24 to 48 hours. Takes approx. 5 days to cure.
Approx 120 sq ft -Additional coats will achieve a darker, deep rich color.
For more info on Fusion Mineral Paint visit Fusionmineralpaint.com
For inspiration and to have questions answered from your fellow DIY Fusion community check out Fusions Paint it Beautiful Facebook Group!
If that wasn't enough to get you going fusion has a wonderful YouTube channel full of amazing video tutorials to help you "Paint it Beautiful"
|Dimensions||13 × 13 × 1 in|
Double Expresso, Greystone, Black, Patina
- Sign Processing Time: Due to the custom nature of this business please allow 7-10 business days (Monday-Friday) for your sign to be completed. Please note this does not include shipping time. Shipping typically takes an additional 2-3 business days. If processing time is extended for any reason, this will be noted at the top of our home page.
- Fusion Mineral Paint Processing Time: Please allow 3-5 business days for your order to be boxed and shipped out. Please note if you order a sign with your paint order, we will follow the sign processing time and ship all items together.
- Shipping: All of our signs are carefully packaged and shipped through USPS priority mail and generally take 2-3 business days, depending on where you are located. Please ensure that your shipping address is correct. We are not responsible for undelivered or misdelivered packages.
- Returns: Due to the custom nature of our signs we are unable to accept returns. If you are not satisfied with your sign for any reason, please contact us immediately so we can work with you to help address any concerns you might have. Returns are not accepted on Fusion Mineral Paint Products or Painting accessories at this time.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your order for any reason, this must be done within 24 hours of the order being placed. All orders canceled after 24 hours will be given store credit only if the item has not shipped yet. If your order is custom, no credit will be given for cancellations.