If you’re a parent, you’ve had the not-so-easy task of keeping little ones occupied during quarantine. And now that quarantine is being lifted, it’s summertime and they are stuck at home anyway! If you’re looking for a way to keep your little ones entertained, here is an easy summer craft project for kids! We had our girls paint these terra cotta planters, and they loved it! It’s simple, fun, and now I’ve got cute planters for some of my new plants. It’s a win-win.
What You’ll Need for this Easy Summer Craft Project for Kids
- Prairie Sunset Fusion Mineral Paint
- Divine Lavender Fusion Mineral Paint
- Damask Fusion Mineral Paint
- Champness Fusion Mineral Paint
- 4 foam brushes
- 1 terra-cotta planter per kid
- Bristle Brush
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Pour a little of each color of paint on a paper plate for each kid
- Set up each color with its own foam brush
- Let the kids brush on whatever color they want!
- Every thirty seconds or so, take a dry bristled brush and go back and forth over what has been painted thus far to blend together
- Between blending, wipe off excess paint from bristled brush with a clean dry paper towel.
- Once the kids are done, let dry overnight
- Voila! Now you’ve got some cute planters made with love
It’s an easy summer craft project for kids, a cute planter for you, and memories for the family. We can’t wait to see y’all’s kids’ creations! Make sure to tag us so we can see their beautiful work.
Follow us on Instagram at @gogginscreations for more painting tips and DIY ideas!